Antonova Ol'ga Gennad'evna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of history, theory and applied sociology, N. G. Chernyshevsky Saratov State University (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Dyl'nova Zoya Mikhaylovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of regional sociology, N. G. Chernyshevsky Saratov State University (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The article analyzes the main trends of development of Russian higher education in conditions of social transformations which taking place in the society under the influence of globalization processes. The purpose of the study is to reveal the nature of these trends, problems and prospects for the modernization of the Russian education system.
Materials and methods. Study and analysis of scientific literature on this subject, publications of domestic authors, statistical data of VCIOM and Rosstat, legal documents on education, journalistic articles and media materials.
Results. The beginning of the XXI century is characterized by a paradigm shift in thinking and revaluation of values in education. One of the important areas of the education reform is the change in its aims, a reorientation to meet the needs of the individual. This is especially evident in higher education. The emergence of a new educational paradigm of the Russian system of higher education has contributed to a number of trends, both positive and negative. Such a condition is called an educational crisis, which is associated with the search for a new model of education, the introduction of flexible and projected forms of education. In this regard, an informed approach to the renovation of the Russian higher school is needed.
Conclusions. Traditional forms of classical Russian education do not correspond to the modern needs of the labor market and are not able to ensure Russia’s entry into the European educational space. At the same time, ignoring the positive national experience and copying Western models without taking into account Russian traditions can cause negative consequences for the Russian higher school.
higher education, social transformations, Bologna process, educational paradigm, trends, continuity of education
1. Ob utverzhdenii kriteriev pokazateley, neobkhodimykh dlya opredeleniya tipa i vida obrazovatel'nogo uchrezhdeniya vysshego professional'nogo i srednego professional'- nogo obrazovaniya: Prikaz Federal'noy sluzhby po nadzoru v sfere obrazovaniya i nauki ot 25 oktyabrya 2011 g. № 2267 [On approval of criteria for indicators required to determine the type and format of educational institution of higher professional and vocational education: the Order of the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science from 25th October 2011 № 2267].
2. Sadovnichiy V. Matematika [Mathematics]. Moscow: Pervoe sentyabrya, 2008, no. 22, pp. 2–6.
3. Karpenko M. P. Innovatsii v obrazovanii [Innovations in education]. 2010, no. 2, pp. 21–38.
4. Vysshee obrazovanie: kontrol' ne oslablyat', kachestvo povyshat'. VTsIOM: Pressvypusk № 3152 [Higher education: maintain the control, improve the quality. All- Russian Public Opinion Research Center: Press-release № 3152]. Available at: http://www.wciom.ru/ https://wciom.ru/index.php?id=236&uid=11577
5. Kommersant [Merchant]. 2016, 28 Apr. Available at: https://www.kommersant.ru/ doc/2974897
6. Pravo-300 [Law-300]. 2017, 18 Sept. Available at: https://pravo.ru/news/view/144480/
7. Milov V. Byudzhet-2018: chto s nim ne tak [Budget-2018: what’s wrong with it?]. Available at: https://echo.msk.ru/blog/milov/2083146-echo/
8. Ovchinnikova T. I., Gosteva G. V., Skopenkova A. V. Upravlenie personalom [Personnel management]. 2008, no. 11.
9. Kostyukevich S. V. Vestnik vysshey shkoly [Bulletin of higher school]. 2013, no. 4, pp. 11–19.
10. Kuptsov O. V. Vysshee obrazovanie v Evrope [Higher education in Europe]. 1991, vol. XVI, no. 1, pp. 29, 30.
11. Ashmarov I. A., Volkova E. A., Frolova E. V. Elektronnyy nauchnyy zhurnal «Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya» [Online scientific journal “Modern problems of science and education”]. 2015, no. 1 (part 1). Available at: https://science-educa tion.ru/
12. Lukashchuk V. I., Zotov V. V. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Ser.: Obshchestvennye nauki [Bulletin of Tambov University. Series: Social sciences]. 2017, vol. 3, iss. 3 (11), pp. 5–10.